The coffee grinder is the most important part of making coffee. To achieve an even taste, it is important to check the grinder regularly and adjust it if necessary. Every grinder has two setting options: grinding size and dosage.
Both must be fine-tuned to achieve an extraction time between 25 and 30 seconds. The clock starts as soon as you press the button on your machine. This is the best way to check that the grinder is properly set.
If the extraction time is less than 25 seconds, it means the grind size is too coarse. If the extraction time for an espresso is longer than 30 seconds, this means that the coffee was ground too finely.
This is similar to water flowing through stones and sand. The water flows much slower through the sand than through the stones.
The dosage is the amount of coffee in the portafilter. For a single espresso, the average is 8 to 10 grams. A double shot is about 18 to 20 grams, depending on the depth of the filter basket. There must be some space left in the filter basket.
Here we explain how to prepare the perfect espresso.
– Moyee coffee beans
– Portafilter machine
– Coffee grinder
TIME: 28 seconds
GROUND COFFEE: 8-10g.
TIME: 28 sec
GROUND COFFEE: 18-20g.
1. Clean the portafilter with a cloth. There should be no more coffee in the basket.
2. Fill the portafilter with ground coffee
3. Remove ground coffee from the edges of the portafilter. You can use a brush here.
4. Place the portafilter on the edge of the table or in the holder. Now place the tamper vertically on the coffee grounds. Now press the tamper onto the portafilter from above. Weight does not play a major role. It’s important that you get a smooth surface.
5. Clean your coffee machine by briefly running some water through it.
6. Now clamp the portafilter into the machine and press the button.
7. Your perfect Moyee espresso now flows into your cup. Enjoy!